Sunday, August 30, 2009

No matter how tall your grandfather was, you have to do your own growing. - Irish Proverb

Tomorrow is the boys' first day of school! I am excited, but as usual, I have a little resistance to each new stage. Tom and I went to the orientation night last Friday, which means that we also had a babysitter- excuse me, child minder- for the first time in Ireland. She was very nice and we felt comfortable with her, as did the boys. We have made a lot of progress on the external forces of happiness, which seem to have impacted my internal happiness. Car: outside. GPS: installed. Preschool: determined. Naps: resumed!

I am thrilled to have some structure on the horizon and I know that the boys will love going to school. They are primed for some friends! Even though I have driven by myself and feel OK, we will take the train to school until I feel more confident. I am surprised that driving on the left is not what throws me. It's the narrow roads. You often have to pull over to let cars pass. I am going to drive every day. I already feel much better about it than I thought I would.

This morning we went to the Dublin Zoo, with some new friends that we know through some friends in New York. We had a great time. My favorite animals are the elephants, and they did not disappoint. They are amazing! The video that I took reminds me of Tommy & Danny. Tommy doing what he wants, and Danny trying to boss him around!


No comments:

Post a Comment