Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler."- Henry David Thoreau















I was getting ready to re-name this blog" The Sad-Sack Chronicles". Luckily, I was able to accept a few things that I cannot change. If the boys will not nap here, then I guess I must re-structure the day. We are in Dublin! A new city! I decided that we should head out and see what we could see.


We went to the beach, the park, shopped in a few new stores, and went to St. Stephen's Green. It was really fantastic. The boys are just happy to be together, dig, pick up sticks, splash in puddles and be outside. Taking action was the best medicine for me.


The locals here say to dress for all four seasons because you will see them all in one day. I am finding this to be true. You can't stay inside because there is a huge black cloud covering the sky. It might rain, or maybe the cloud will just go away. Not a bad metaphor for life.


Soon I will be driving on the left. We found a car that we liked, and the salesman drove the car to our apartment so we could look at it. Then he came upstairs to discuss the sale. Barring any snags due to our lack of history in Ireland, we will have a car very soon. Oh, and they pick it up for service and bring you a car to use while it is being serviced. Very nice.


Tomorrow is my hubby's birthday. I hope I can scrape together a nice little party for him. He really deserves it this year! Thanks honey, for loving me when I am behaving in a way that is unlikeable.










No comments:

Post a Comment