Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Abundance is, in large part, an attitude." - Sue Patton Thoele

Today, we were planning on visiting some friends of a friend of ours in New York. This family moved to Dublin a couple of years ago, and they graciously invited us to "tea" this afternoon. Right before we were to leave, Danny cut his finger and it was bleeding pretty badly. I guess this is my week to figure out the healthcare system in Ireland. We went to the Doctor earlier in the week for false alarms on ear infections.

So, off Danny and I went to the A & E (accident and emergency room) at the hospital. Thankfully, Danny's finger is OK. He has a big bandage that he is very proud of, and no stitches were necessary.

This afternoon certainly did not go as I planned, but I was able to spend almost 3 hours of one-on-one time with Danny. Tom and I want to spend regular one-on-one time with the boys, but we don't do it nearly enough. Tom took Tommy to meet our new friends, and they had a great time. Tommy discovered the trampoline, and Tom learned a lot about how to live in Dublin. Danny was brave and silly and patient at the hospital. We had a nice time together. The boys were so happy to be reunited, they ran to each other and hugged (the above photo is from a different time).

I hope to get together with the new friends this week, and maybe take a driving lesson if I can find someone to teach me in an automatic. Tom had a lesson this morning, and he found it to be "educational"!

Not much externally is different from yesterday, but I feel much better on the inside today. I am a lucky girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment