Sunday, November 29, 2009

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."- Marcel Proust

November 25th, my 41st Birthday followed by Thanksgiving Day I felt so grateful. First, to be alive, healthy and loved with so many extras piled on top. I had many notes and email and calls with good wishes. My good friend Michele took me out to dinner for more Mexican (get it while you can!). I saw Terri on Wednesday and then had lunch with my boys, Mikey, KG & Meg. Tom gave me a beautiful ring with a blue topaz (my birthstone). The best part about it was that he picked it out a couple of months ago. He thought of my birthday way in advance. It's beautiful. I love it. That night we went to my future sister-in-law's family's house. They were all so nice. Her brother and I share a birthday and her Dad and my brother Brian are not far behind. We had a joint celebration. Celebrating many things.





Thanksgiving Day was one of the best ever. I was so glad to see us all together, healthy and happy. And there is more to come. We will be back in New York in March for Kerry & Brian's Wedding, and we will be able to meet Frosty. So exciting.


This year we spent Thanksgiving at a restaurant that was an old coach house. We have spent a few holidays there over the years, and we had a great time this year. It was a beautiful fall day, and we were there early enough to spend some time in the little "village" that they have. So nice!





Because we will not be together at Christmas, we decided to do our Christmas gifts at Thanksgiving. In past years, My sister, brothers and their wives/ fiances/ girlfriends would pick a name out of a hat and get one gift for that person- Kris Kringle style! This year, we decided to copy Megs family's idea of "Best Gift Under $20". Everyone did really well and it was so funny. I got a great Picture Calendar from Kerry that I love. Jimmy went all out with a survival Kit for Kerry which included a personalized "Fart Fogger" (pictured above). Brian won with a shadowbox filled with my Dad's High School Medals. Very Nice. All of the gifts were so thoughtful and that was the best part.



My Sisters-in-law- I love them all (whew!)

We had such a great time at the Milleridge Inn! Thanks Mom & Dad! I barely got to catch up with Joanne, but thankfully, she and Mike will visit in January.


I love seeing my kids having fun with their aunts and uncles!

And their Dad!

Snowman lollipops- another creative touch by Meg.

Two very special days, I feel so blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment