Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…" - Ralph Waldo Emerson







I am giggling as I type the words "I heard that it was going to rain today" because, well, it rains on many days. There were two beautiful mornings this week, and I would have sworn we would not have seen any showers those days. But we did. I really only noted what I had heard about today because it's Saturday, there is no school, and I wanted to plan something so we would not be stuck in the house all day!

When we woke up, it was dark of course, but then the sun came out so I wanted get us all somewhere outside before the weather turned. We went to Killiney Beach, which is about a 5 minute drive. It was chilly, but it was great to be out there.

After lunch and a few errands in the village, we came home and I proceeded to take a nap. What a great Saturday!

The book that I am reading right now is called "Galway Bay" by Mary Pat Kelly. It is about a Galway family in the mid 19th Century and it follows them through the potato blight. So far, so good. Here is a description:






No comments:

Post a Comment