Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"These streets will make you feel brand new,big lights will inspire you. Let's hear it for New York" - Jay Z

Uh Oh. I didn't feel homesick at all until I got to New York. It really didn't help that the weather was fantastic and the leaves were still turning. Or that we got to see so many friends and our great families too. We didn't get to see everyone, but we covered as much ground as we could! The kids were great and held up so well (with 1 or 2 breakdowns). Friday we saw our friends from the East Side, we all have kids the same age. I miss them a lot, and it was great to see them. Thankfully, my awesome sister came in to babysit. That afternoon she and I went out for Mexican (scarce in Ireland) and a little shopping. It really was exhilarating.




On Saturday, went up to Providence to see Tom's Brother & Sister, and Sister-in-Law, and we were surprised by our neice, Molly! It was great to see them. We were also able to have a nice visit with Tom's Aunt Jane and cousin JP. The boys were so happy to be with them all, and Ted & Kem's dog Max too! Unfortunately, Tom lost his phone, and really unfortunately we had some nice pics on it of us with Aunt Joan at the State House. There were also pictures of the third generation of Tom's family at a local playground. But we had fun, and their old family friends came to join us as well. I did manage to take this though!


On Monday, we met KG, Meg & Mikey at the ESPN Zone. I got to see Meg's belly, and she looks beautiful. I can't wait to meet my new neice! Or nephew! Or niece! We really felt like tourists that night and we kind of liked it.


Tuesday was Miss Mary, John and Mary Ann day. It was really just like old (4 months ago) times. She took the boys to the park and made them a grilled cheese. Then we went to the West side and played in a playground with my friend Catherine and her son and new baby boy. I was beginning to say, "what Ireland?"


I am still grateful for the opportunity to live in Ireland, but I LOVE New York!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment