Monday, October 26, 2009

"I always like to know everything about my new friends, and nothing about my old ones." Oscar Wilde


Well old friends, I am certainly interested in knowing anything new that you would like me to know! But there is something about meeting new friends, an unpredictability? Whether we realize it or not we seem to work harder at new friendships than old because there is no foundation. Yet.

This week We had some new friends over for a playdate. One of the little girls from the boys' class, her baby sister and her mom. What nice people! The little girls are cute and sweet and polite. And their mom is lovely. It is fun getting to know new people, especially when you are in a new place! Our next door neighbors invited us to go trick or treating with them next week, and another mom from school has really been so welcoming and helpful. We are building a life here, slowly but surely.

Luckily, through the magic of the Internet, we can make calls as if we were back in the US and we can SKYPE. The occasional communication with my old friends and my family are what make this whole experience do-able.

Finally, My friend Jen from New York (another shout out!) has a friend who relocated to London as we relocated here. We have never met, but we follow each other's blogs and it seems that we do know each other. Mary, the London Blogger just had her second son. This is a huge thing in itself, but even more now that the little guy has been born in London. Congratulations to the whole family!


2 comments:

  1. Wooohooo! I second MK's congratulations. The internet is an amazing thing - I'm so glad we're all 'connected.' xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie Bennett told me this weekend that she is probaby moving to London in April. She might be contacting you to get a feel for the Trans-Atlantic move.

    ReplyDelete