Sunday, October 18, 2009

"It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life." - P. D. James







And I thought that there was nothing like New York in the Fall! Well, maybe there isn't. But sure was nice here yesterday! I think that the author of today's quote is right, that these cool, crisp sunny, cloudless, sweater inspiring, colorful days are elusive. They are a gift that we can't help but appreciate. I find myself enlightened, wanting to make the absolute most of the day, and recalling beautiful Fall days in years past. Tom said that the only thing missing was College Football!

The weather in Ireland being as unpredictable as it is, a consistently beautiful day like yesterday was such a nice surprise. Although, as I have said before, we have been very fortunate in that respect. We took the boys on the Dart (Dublin Area Rapid Transit). They love the train, so it was a nice treat for them. We went a few stops and walked back along the coast. Along the way, we stopped in a park and had a picnic and spent some time in the playground.

People swim in the Irish Sea all year round, and yesterday there were quite a few people swimming and sailing. We are not ready for that yet, but it was sure great to watch!

My cousin Patrick got married yesterday. We are sorry that we couldn't be there. Despite their very rainy day, everyone tells me that it was a beautiful wedding! I am looking forward to seeing pictures! Congratulations Patrick and Lindsey!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, Laur! Glad you are enjoying the Fall in Ireland. I miss you here - but love following your blog to see how things are going! Kisses to the boys and I'll call you soon!

    ReplyDelete