Saturday, January 23, 2010

“We live in an age when pizza gets to your home before the police.” - Jeff Marder








Well, I thought that delivered pizza was a basic right. There seems to be quite a few Italian Restaurants in the area that do take away and I know serve pizza. There is a Dominos, and there is a place called Mizzoni's two towns over. So when I was planning the boys birthday party, I figured that I would serve the kids (and parents) pizza, have a face painter and games, and then do cake. Easy. I even printed on the invitations "We will have pizza for kids, moms & dads", just to let everyone know that they don't have to feed their kids beforehand and that we wanted parents to come.

As the date drew closer, I realized that Mizzoni's opens at 4 pm. Our party was at 12n, but I still had options. The restaurants either didn't do lunch, or opened at 12n, slightly later than I needed. I was so excited when, on a long walk with the boys, I discovered a place that looked great and they were open at 10am! So I ordered the pizza and pre-paid so that Tom could just run in and grab them at 11:30. I didn't know that they would lose electricity (or so they said) the next day and not have our pizza! At 11:45 I had no pizza for a 12n party.

Dominos came through, a little later than we planned, but it turned out great. We had a wonderful time, and I hope that the boys did too. It was so nice to have so many kids and their parents over. I finally have their names straight!

And it was a beautiful day. I feel like Spring is not too far away!



2 comments:

  1. Glad it was a success! I would have freaked knowing I didn't have the pizza! Ahhh! Do you guys have a pizza parlor where you can go in and get a slice like in NY? It doesn't exist here in London... I might open a business here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stress! I'm glad that good old Domino's came to the rescue (in a half hour, to boot!). LOVE the FIreman Sam cakes. I sense a theme for 2010!

    ReplyDelete