Sunday, June 13, 2010

" Imagination grows by exercise, and contrary to common belief, is more powerful in the mature than in the young." Paul McCartney

We went to see Paul McCartney last night. I would not have said that I was a huge Paul McCartney fan, but I definitely wanted to take the opportunity to see such an iconic, enduring performer. The crowd was very interesting. There were a lot of people in their 60's & 70's. There were young people, and even kids. I took a shot of the crowd before the concert to show the range.




Here he is walking out. He sounded really good! He was even greeting the crowd in Irish!



My parents were not Beatles fans at all, so I did not hear it growing up and could take or leave a lot of it. But, I have to say that the Wings songs were very prevalent on the radio when I was little and they brought back great memories. I am more of a Wings girl. But that is the thing about Paul McCartney- he really reached so many. I am glad that I got to see him live.



As the concert was coming to an end, I began to feel intimidated by the crowds. I wanted to be sure that we got a cab home. Granted, most of these people drove to this concert, but I did not want to chance having to get on a cramped train or roaming around for a cab. We left during the last song, Hey Jude, but before both encores. I hope that my husband will forgive me.



Unflattering Self Portrait

1 comment:

  1. Hello Followers, this is Tom Speaking,

    It's true, we left during Hey Jude & we've since learned that he played 3 songs in each of the 2 encores. Encore 1: Day Tripper/Lady Madonna/Get Back; Encore 2: Yesterday/Helter Skelter/Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.

    I still can't believe I went along with Lauri's exit strategy but between our dinner out and the portions of the show that we did see, it was a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete