Friday, June 18, 2010

"Growth is the only evidence of life." ~John Henry Newman

When we arrived in Dublin, I was not sure what I was going to do with the kids. If we had stayed in New York, we were going to do a 2's program, where I brought the kids to a preschool- ish setting and they stayed for 2 hours, 2 days a week. I would stay with them for the first few (or more) classes, and then start to leave.

I tried to research online, but it really is not easy to get perspective when you don't have your bearings yet. It seemed that most of the Montessori preschools required the children to be 3 by December. I was thrilled to find this school that had a class for 2 & 1/2 year olds. We all found our friends there. They went from 9am until at least 12:30, usually 1pm and they loved it.

The only one who wasn't ready for them to go to everyday school was me. But I really came around.

They are off to a new school next year, but we will always remember this first year of school. On the last day, there was a barbecue for everyone.



The moms and dads had fun at the barbecue while the kids were inside howling at a puppet show.


That's their teacher in red. We all loved her. We would not have asked for a better first teacher. I have a lot of teachers in my family- you are all amazing!



Walking in on the first day



Strutting out on the last day


No comments:

Post a Comment