Monday, December 21, 2009

"You know that children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers." - John J. Plomp

Here is a picture of one of my "babies" with his scooter. From moment to moment I think of them alternatively as babies and big boys. They are beginning to become much more inquisitive. "Mommy what is interested?" "what is lightning?" "what is die?"

Danny's affirmative answer is currently "of course". Both boys will tell me "I don't like that", "will you get me this?. They will argue and yell, "don't touch me!", "stop bugging me!"

I realize that in some ways I may always think of them as my babies . But they are at an age where they sometimes really look and act like babies. But they are noticeably growing up everyday, and it is amazing to see. My heart melts when I look at their baby pictures, but hearing "I love you Mommy!" or "I so missed you Mommy!" is tough to beat.


The other night, I received a text message (everybody texts like crazy here!) from my neighbor that said that I was becoming a real local. A pharmacy in the Village posts photos from local events, and we made the window this week. It's not really a big deal, but it certainly seemed like one when I heard about it. It made me feel just a bit more included. As time goes on, it seems to be a collection of these tiny things that help me feel more connected. And that makes me feel like this is becoming our home. For now.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo, Dubliner! The boys ARE getting so big... 3 is around that corner... and from what I hear the next dozen years are blur. Enjoy these moments, even if they drive us crazy (or completely insane in my case).

    ReplyDelete