Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."-Mark Twain


I don't know enough about Mark Twain to know if he ever spent a Summer in Ireland, but the quote above makes me think not. More than 5 people have recently told me that this is our summer. There has not been a day where I have not worn a jacket.

When we were here in June, I noticed that many people were in sleeveless shirts, shorts and sandals. I was wearing a trench coat. August had some warm days, but it just doesn't get very hot here. I am hoping that the next few weeks bring us just a little more warmth.

Thankfully when you look around, it certainly appears to be summer. All of the trees and flowers are in bloom and it just makes this beautiful place even prettier.


The lovely (yet rocky) beach


I was pushing it a little with the shorts and the sandals that day.


Our back garden, or as the boys call it, the back yarden



Flowers growing out of a stone wall (you see that a lot)


This is a tree that I pass everyday. I am not leaving this country without one of them, even if it's new home will be an apartment in NYC!

Yes, there are palm trees in Ireland

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lauri! I hope it warms up soon for you. This weekend was absolutely beautiful and I dare say HOT here in London, and I was (finally) in my glory!!!

    ReplyDelete