Monday, March 22, 2010

"When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses." ~Joyce Brothers

Every year, about a week after St. Patrick's Day, my hometown puts on a St. Patrick's Day Parade. It always seems to be a really nice day, but this year was so nice, that I had to get new shoes and clothes to wear or I would have fainted from the heat.

This year my sister was very involved in the parade committee, so it was extra nice that we were able to be there. There are so many people that I knew who still live there, or have moved back. It always makes me feel connected and grounded in some way because I run into so many old friends.


The parade committee marching


Of course all of the local volunteer firefighters and trucks were the big draw for my kids!


It was also the first day of this trip that we saw my parents, my sister, my brother & a couple of sisters in law, and my nephew!!!!

The hardest part about living so far away is missing my family and getting together with them. It makes these times so much nicer though!

No comments:

Post a Comment