Friday, March 26, 2010

"Before anything else, preparation is the key to success." Alexander Graham Bell




The night before my brother's wedding, the families and wedding party did a walk through of the ceremony. My sister and I did readings, the kids practiced their ring-bearing, and the wedding party learned where to stand, walk and line-up. Afterwards, my parents hosted a dinner at the home of a family that has been in catering for years. The Egans in Rockaway have a beautiful home where they will cater special events. It was perfect. Cozy and elegant.

The best part of the night for me was getting to know Kerry's family and friends. I have met her parents, brother and grandmother and they are wonderful people. At the rehearsal, I got to meet some of Kerry's cousins, friends, aunts and other grandmother. Since I missed the bridal shower, and the engagement brunch, I felt way behind! It is no surprise that Kerry comes from an amazing family and surrounds herself with great friends. I have to say that I could have sat and talked with her grandmother for hours. We are so lucky to have Kerry join our family!


Jimmy delivered a very thoughtful and sincere toast to his brother. It was really nice.


It was so nice for the bride and groom to include the kids in their wedding. It was very special for them!


Trish and Kerry talking about the big day.


The Best Man with two Groomsmen, KG & Pete


Meg's first time away from her baby for a night out. A difficult moment for all new moms, but she handled it very well.

The Groom with his Godson



Dad toasting the Bride and Groom


My Brother Mike and his awesome girlfriend Joanne


Me and my new Sister-in-law!

No comments:

Post a Comment