Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think." ~Robert Henri

It seems that I have always lived near water. There are times that I appreciated it more than others. Whether it was the Atlantic Ocean, the Hudson or East Rivers, The Sea of Cortez or Dublin Bay, my encounters have been more circumstantial than deliberate, or have they?

As far as swimming goes, I would definitely consider myself a pool person. Though there is nothing like the ocean in perfect conditions, clear, clean, good waves, no creatures! I just love being near the sea. Seeing it, smelling it, watching people swim in it even on the coldest of days, and taking in the sailboats and ferry boats that are out there every day.

It's still quite cold on most days, but the ground has dried up enough so we can play outside a little more. The boys have gotten more daring in the playground since we were last there!









No comments:

Post a Comment