Saturday, July 25, 2009

"No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth." - Robert Southey


The movers are coming in two days! I feel just about as prepared as I can for our move to Dublin. My only anxieties seem to be about saying goodbye to family and friends and being so far away. Lucky for me these anxieties are lessened knowing that I can see and talk to everyone on Facebook and Skype. Many people will hardly notice that I am gone! Is this a good thing? I will say yes- for now. We will also be able to chat locally on our 212 number through internet phone service.

A few of my friendships have survived years of long distance. I am lucky to have an amazing family, biological and through marriage who I hope to see in Dublin soon. But I also have some newer friends, made through my kids in the past couple of years. These are the friends who have listened to me talk about the possibility of moving to Dublin for the last 8 months- the uncertainty, the frustration and the excitement. There seems to be a difference in leaving these friends. They have meant so much to me in a short time- it feels like we were just getting started!

I am so grateful for the dinners, get-togethers, visits and phone calls that make me feel so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment