Friday, July 24, 2009

It's a long road that has no turning. - Irish Proverb

And my road is about to take a big turn. A week from today my family will be moving from New York to Dublin, Ireland. The move has been in the works for about eight months and we are as prepared as we can be. My husband and I have made many plans for the future of our family, and moving to Ireland was not among them- but we are really excited! I have no doubt that we will enjoy our time there. The country is beautiful, the people are wonderful and we have good rain boots!

My husband and I both have Irish ancestors, and I can't help but think about my great great grandparents coming to the United States under very different circumstances than those under which I will go to their homeland. These people that I know very little about, those that I come from, have been on my mind. Throughout the adventures I know that we will have, I also want to learn more about my "roots". More about myself.

I love my life here in New York, but I am so grateful to have a chance to live in a new place. I will miss my friends and family and I hope that they will come visit and Skype us a lot! The preschool application process will just have to go on without us. (smirk)



No comments:

Post a Comment