Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"Change alone is eternal, perpetual, immortal. " - Arthur Schopenhauer


I am sitting among boxes watching the movers pack up our Upper East Side life.  The excitement of Dublin is not on my mind today.  I am only thinking about the closing of this chapter.  This is the apartment where we were two and became four.  It is our boys' first home.  It seems that I was just decorating their room, and washing out bottles.  Now we are moving out, and they are growing up.  The cribs will not make the trip to Dublin, our big boys will graduate to beds.  

I will always remember this time: Central Park, Super Soccer Stars, Park Bench, The East River Parks, Burger Heaven the Pizza "pwace" and our wonderful friends especially the great Miss Mary.  

I know that there are great things to come for us in Dublin, but today was about these years.  I hope that I never forget how wonderful it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment